Masaba Gupta, who has uplifted the fashion quotient in the Indian market with her quirky and colourful creations and signature prints, feels her fashion is very current and she is not brave enough to be ahead of her times.
The daughter of veteran actress Neena Gupta who has always made unconventional and bold choices in life, Masaba said, “My mother is definitely ahead of her times. The choices that she has made have been ahead of her times, but if you ask about my fashion, I don’t know.”
“I personally feel that when it comes to my work, I am very current. I am not that brave to be ahead of my times.”
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Masaba, who was born as a lovechild to Neena and West Indian cricketer Vivian Richards, considers her mother as her inspiration.
“My mother has this amazing ability to laugh at herself. Even in bad situations, she pushes herself and will be humorous. She is never afraid to go ask for work even at his stage of her career.
“She is never afraid to try something new, she is not afraid of not being in the limelight. She has always been my inspiration.
The designer will showcase her latest designs in the capital city soon at the Amazon India Fashion Week Spring Summer’17, which gets underway here on Wednesday.
Maybelline New York’s show with Masaba will include the motto of ‘Make It Happen’ and incorporate the latest make-up trend of #GirlsGoneVivid this season.
“I love Delhi. It’s my favourite city and I am going there after two years, so it has to be perfect. Fearless is something (a theme) that I always do, but this time, I have taken a feminine take on the power of dressing.
“So it is about a woman who is living in the fast pace city like New York,” Masaba added.
Of the line, she said: “It’s all about black and white. It is all about structure and the overall idea is progressive Indian wear, so it is festive wear but at the same time it is for modern, well-travelled women.”
Is it a doting task to be a designer?
“I think I always give myself much more stress than required to do something different each time. I always feel people who come to see your show should like it. The idea is to keep in with your signature but to reinvent yourself,” said Masaba, who wants to stay away from designing for actors in films.