The eight-day long MAMI Mumbai Film Festival kick started at the iconic and revamped Royal Opera House on October 20. The opening night lived up to all the hype with a star studded guest list. With prominent voices of the industry present, the night was a glamorous one and equally magical. We spotted haute couture on the red carpet and as we kept a close eye on who wore what, we saw an interesting mix. Take a look.
Huma Qureshi in Payal Singhal
Qureshi has been sporting a lot of Indian wear these days. For the opening night, the actress picked a lehenga from Payal Singhal. We are not a big fan of the outfit – the broad border looked a little weird. Moreover. the skirt did not complement the brocade blouse and the sheer caplet did not make a sweeping and lasting impression. Even her make-up did not impress us much.
Diana Penty in Amit Aggarwal
Cocktail actress Diana Penty was seen in a double-toned pastel gown which she paired with earrings from Harsh Sagar. With hair in a top knot, she finished the look with a coral lip shade. We think the bright hue threw the look off proportion. Nude lips would have looked better here.
Richa Chadda in Huemn
Chadda picked a black maxi by Huemn to wear to the opening night. We know she is a talented actress but her fashion sense is not as exceptional as her acting prowess. The dress was nothing extraordinary and we can’t get our head around that choice of headband at all.\
Jacqueline Fernandez in Anamika Khanna
Fernandez attended the MAMI Mumbai Film Festival opening ceremony wearing an Anamika Khanna fusion sari which featured a cape. We feel the look was a little odd and there was just too much going on right here. The make-up was lovely with the winged eyeliner and even hair hairdo with a dramatic side braid but not for this outfit. It just contrasted with the traditional choker.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Kalki Koechlin in Shift by Nimish Shah
Koechlin picked a black column long sleeve gown from Shift by Nimish Shah which she paired with jewellery from Misho. The look was simple but it worked its magic, especially with the red lips and updo.
Dia Mirza in Varun Bahl
Mirza was spotted in a beautiful gown with blue and pink floral embroidery from Varun Bahl’s Spring 2016 collection. The actress looked lovely with the dewy make-up and braided updo.