Age has got nothing to do with fashion and Amitabh Bachchan is a leading example of that. From introducing turtleneck sweaters to making eyewear more than just a necessity, he has truly set trends among his followers and still continues to do so with his irresistible charm and magnetic aura.
On the occasion of his birthday, let’s have a look at some of the actor’s famous style statements, which has now become a trend in their own right.
* Turtleneck sweaters: Remember, the turtleneck sweaters worn by Big B in the Yash Chopra movie Kabhie Kabhie? Yes, according to the late director-producer, those sweaters were straight from the actor’s own wardrobe. It became a cult of sorts and he still swears by that style.
* Quirky jackets: He was the first superstar to introduce leather jackets with straight pockets. He wore them in the movie Shakti and soon after, it became a rage. Not only that, he had been spotted wearing bright coloured jackets, fully striped ones, velvety, golden embroidered and printed jackets at various occasions. Although at times it had not worked out in his favour, we still remember a couple of them where he looked simply dapper.
* Glasses: Almost a decade back, Big B showed us that eyewear can be a fashion accessory. Talk about being ahead of his time! The actor is known for experimenting with his spectacle frames – rectangular, round, coloured – you will find him trying almost everything. Who knew glasses can be smart, geeky and fun at the same time?
* Footwear: Big B’s shoe choices are always something unique and classy. He has quite often been been spotted wearing customised tasseled shoes. Besides that, embroidered moccasins are signature to his style statement. Not many men have such great tastes when it comes to shoes, but the megastar does.
* French beard: Big B is mostly seen sporting a french beard. But do you know that he first donned one during the making of the movie Aks, after which he decided to keep it permanently!
Do you agree that he has an amazing sense of style?