Designer Shruti Sancheti will pay an ode to the glorious and sumptuous fibre Silk at the forthcoming Lakme Fashion Week, starting Aug 20.
She will unveil her collection titled Strands Of Silk, which will show festive colour palette splashed with warm shades like crimson, vermilion, cherry, carmine, wine, aubergine, burnt orange, saffron, alphanso, fuschia, and indigo blue on Textile Day at the four-day gala.
Sancheti has indulged in Benarasi fabric, woven intricately with zari along with Pochampali, a distinguished complex weave, to add a pan Indian flavour to her creations.
Apart from the Benarsi fabric, variants of silks like raw, cotton, and woven have also been used along with makhmal as variants to add character to the rich line.
“My collection is meant for the vivacious women who celebrates her unsurpassed legacy of textiles and craftsmanship and yet has a voguish approach to fashion; who believes in timeless clothes yet is trendy and believes in understated luxury and restrained opulence and rejoices and celebrates her festivities to the fullest,” Sancheti said in a statement.
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
As far as the style is concerned, she is offering sharara jumpsuits, half crop half chuga jacket, pallazo pants, circular and pleated anarkali’s along with various constructed jackets and blouses.
Detailing like tucks, ribs, pleating along with customised wrought iron hangings and buttons and detachable hand embroidered jewellery give the garments a contemporary twist.