For a day at the races or other smart summer outings, choose outfits that are not only apt for the occasion, but also those that fit well with your personality.
Stylists of cosmetic brand Colour Me Beautiful have put together tips on how to dress for summer events where you stand a chance to get photographed, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
Your personality: Be yourself. Don’t become frivolous and flowery if you feel better in something simple. Equally, just because it’s smart, it doesn’t mean you have to go classic or matchy-matchy. Think about what works for you. Being yourself will help you feel more comfortable and you will have more fun in the process.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
Your style: You don’t have to be absolutely on trend, it is more important that you choose something that ticks all the boxes for you and makes you look good. Think about things such as length, where the waist is, sleeves or no sleeves and what works for your shape and personal style.
Colour and pattern: Yellow is stealing the show this season, but blue follows closely behind. White always looks feminine and super fresh in the summer, but it doesn’t work for everyone or all events (for instance, weddings). Other great colours for occasion dresses are pink and orange for bold or pastels in mint, lemon, pink or blue.
If you are considering patter, you need to decide whether your outfit is going to be a one-off or something you’ll want to wear again and again. Make sure the pattern is in proportion to your scale. You don’t need to over-accessorize with pattern.
Hats or fascinators: Make sure yours suits your face shape and that the brim doesn’t extend beyond your shoulders. Choose a flattering colour that complements your outfit, but it doesn’t have to be the same colour. Beware of black trims too, they can throw a dark shadow on your face.