In the world of fashion, there are a few things that one takes for granted. It’s obvious that Mumbai designer Manish Malhotra’s show will be late by at least two hours; and that there will be a sprinkling of Bollywood beauties on and off the ramp. He never proves us wrong and Saturday night was no different.
Three ramps, sofa seating, empty photo frames and flickering candles greeted us and then began a very long wait. Now only if the wait was truly worth it. Titled “Portraits”, Malhotra’s extensive couture collection left us disappointed and unsatisfied. Gold dust was the chosen colour of the collection, evidently; and models sashayed down the runway in voluminous lehengas with full sleeved blouses adorned with vintage zari work and mirrors. Long coats with churidars and kurtas, short velvet coats, saris, khulla pyjama with kurtas and short, sleeveless jackets in silk, tulle and velvet were a part of the range too.
Malhotra is unabashedly bridal in his approach and there were enough reds in “Portraits” with vintage yellow gold work on it. Beige, maroon, emerald green, purple, pink and dark blue formed the colour palette. We were happy to spot a Peter Pan collar on a blouse. Apart from that, Alia Bhatt in a red and gold lehenga and Aditya Roy Kapoor in a gold embroidered sherwani put a smile on our face.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen