The Spring-Summer edition of Amazon India Fashion Week (AIFW) 2017 concluded with a bang, leaving behind many fashion trends. It’s time to stock up your wardrobe with chanderi fabric, metallic embellishments and learn the art of layering, says an expert.
Arun Sirdeshmukh, head at Amazon Fashion, said that the fashion gala which started Wednesday and concluded Recently “brought back our Indian heritage to mainstream fashion”.
Sirdeshmukh said: “This season of AIFW offered glimpses of many eclectic trends right from chanderi silks to Indian dyes.”
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
Narendra Kumar, Creative Director at Amazon Fashion, lists down some trends from the gala.
* Chanderi: Designers rediscovered the fabric. Payal Pratap’s gingham sari and angrakha blouse, petticoat skirts by Ka Sha, rainbow-hued saris and long shirts by Gaurav Jai Gupta, soft and pleated separates by Divyam Mehta and deconstructed silhouettes by Paromita Banerjee were the prominent trends.
* Summer layering: Designers Ashish and Vikrant showcased a lot of summer layering across dresses and frocks. Their entire collection saw traditional dyeing in hues like white, blue, reds and browns. Summer layering is definitely the show-stealer this season.
* Metallic: A lot of designers used metallic in various forms like metallic threads in brocade prints and some with summer hued metallics. The trend was extensively spotted at the Italian Fashion Show and Rohit Gandhi-Rahul Khanna’s show.
* Florals: Designer duo Ashima-Leena showcased floral prints at their fashion show. The collection saw a blend of soft fabric and pastel shades of pale blue and pink and the hint of florals made their collection even more stunning.
* Vintage romance: Another look that stood out was the use of ruffles and frills. Designers Gauri & Nainika showcased floor-grazing gowns and exaggerated silhouettes with a lot of ruffles, frills in sheer during their fashion show.