Just out of the festive season and well within the wedding season, Bollywood actresses seems to have gone out in the open about their steamy affair with the traditional Indian sari. While the likes of Vidya Balan and Madhuri Dixit Nene have come to symbolify the traditional six yards, having woven their love stories with the sari in many of their public appearances, actresses like Lara Dutta and Neha Dhupia, who aren’t exactly known for flaunting the six yards, have made stunning appearances in saris recently.
Here’s who wore the sari when, where and how.
Standing true to her reputation of flaunting beautiful saris that accentuate her curves, VIDYA BALAN was recently seen in a graceful Pichwai print sari by Pratham — The Saree Courtyard. At a promotional event of her upcoming movie Kahaani 2, the sultry actress looked elegant as always, as she teemed her attire with intricately designed Indo-tribal fusion earrings and a tribal bracelet from Inaayat jewels. With her hair tied up into the classic Indian hair bun and minimal make-up, Balan was a sight to behold!
MADHURI DIXIT NENE was spotted at a recent wedding reception in a red and gold sari. The dhak-dhak girl looked ethereal in a splendid red Anita Dongre handwoven sari with gold bootis all over, and must have definitely made heads turn. A pair of beautiful chandbali and pearl bangles added to her traditional attire.
Dusky beauty LARA DUTTA looked majestic in a purple butterfly hand-embroidered lehenga by Monisha Jaising at a wedding. She paired her lehenga with beautiful emerald-pearl jewellery and was styled by celebrity stylist Esha Amiin. The beauty definitely scored brownie points for her golden clutch that blended well with the detailed golden embroidery work on her lehenga.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
NEHA DHUPIA at a recent appearance to promote her upcoming movie Moh Maya Money – and she looked like a million bucks herself! The actress’ look was the perfect marriage of chic and desi in her metallic silver sari from the fashion house of Anavila, silver box clutch and gunmetal jewellery from Curio Cottage. The red roses on her sleek mid-parted hairbun splashed the optimal colour on her otherwise monochromatic attire. We loved her understated minimal makeup.
We loved these actresses’ love affairs with the six yards. Did you? Let us know in the comments section below.