Their inner beauty reflects through their eyes as they laugh, chat up and pose prettily for a photoshoot. The shoot by Rahul Saharan, featuring the acid attack victims is all about happiness, freedom, confidence and an undying spirit of these women who refused to let circumstances overpower them.
One of the models Rupa is a fashion designer (the one in white dress). Her story will give you goosebumps. It wasn’t a jilted lover who gave this cruel treatment to Rupa. Nor was it a crazy stalker who poured acid on Rupa’s face after she threatened to complain about him. The cruel crime was committed by none other than Rupa’s MOM, her step-mother who forced her to live under constant fear, and physically and mentally abused her. And one night, after a bitter fight with Rupa, she walked in with four men and poured acid on Rupa while she was asleep.
“Nobody came forward to help me when I was in such a bad condition. I’ve had 11 surgeries so far, and another surgery is scheduled in a couple of days,” Rupa shares her misery in a YouTube video.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
She decided to learn stitching and open her own boutique after several companies refused to take her on board after meeting her. “They (Company heads) would say yes initially, but changed their opinion about me after meeting.”
The other models that were part of the photoshoot are Laxmi, Ritu, Sonam, Chanchal.
“Instead of taking professional models we took these beautiful girls as models because they define beauty, courage, positivity. There is so much to beauty and these girls are strong enough to show that,” wrote Rahul Saharan on his Facebook page.
“I dedicate this shoot to every women on earth. All of you are beautiful from skinny to healthy, dark to fair, tall to short, ebony to porcelain-skinned; the quirky, clumsy, shy, outgoing and all in between so ladies live your life stay happy no matter who says what you are beautiful believe in it. Have courage, fight back if you stand, many will follow you….Rise and shine,” added the proud designer.
Click here to help Rupa achieve her dream