Their inner beauty reflects through their eyes as they laugh, chat up and pose prettily for a photoshoot. The shoot by Rahul Saharan, featuring the acid attack victims is all about happiness, freedom, confidence and an undying spirit of these women who refused to let circumstances overpower them.
One of the models Rupa is a fashion designer (the one in white dress). Her story will give you goosebumps. It wasn’t a jilted lover who gave this cruel treatment to Rupa. Nor was it a crazy stalker who poured acid on Rupa’s face after she threatened to complain about him. The cruel crime was committed by none other than Rupa’s MOM, her step-mother who forced her to live under constant fear, and physically and mentally abused her. And one night, after a bitter fight with Rupa, she walked in with four men and poured acid on Rupa while she was asleep.
“Nobody came forward to help me when I was in such a bad condition. I’ve had 11 surgeries so far, and another surgery is scheduled in a couple of days,” Rupa shares her misery in a YouTube video.
She decided to learn stitching and open her own boutique after several companies refused to take her on board after meeting her. “They (Company heads) would say yes initially, but changed their opinion about me after meeting.”
The other models that were part of the photoshoot are Laxmi, Ritu, Sonam, Chanchal.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
“Instead of taking professional models we took these beautiful girls as models because they define beauty, courage, positivity. There is so much to beauty and these girls are strong enough to show that,” wrote Rahul Saharan on his Facebook page.
“I dedicate this shoot to every women on earth. All of you are beautiful from skinny to healthy, dark to fair, tall to short, ebony to porcelain-skinned; the quirky, clumsy, shy, outgoing and all in between so ladies live your life stay happy no matter who says what you are beautiful believe in it. Have courage, fight back if you stand, many will follow you….Rise and shine,” added the proud designer.
Click here to help Rupa achieve her dream