Designers Ashish N Soni and Rajesh Pratap Singh will be showcasing their menswear collection in a special show at the forthcoming Amazon India Fashion Week (AIFW) Spring Summer 2017.
The Fashion Design Council of India (FDCI) on Thursday announced its partnership with NEXA, Maruti Suzuki’s initiative for ‘premium experience’, and the names of the designers via a statement.
In all 110 designers — on the runway and stall area — are taking part in the event to be held from October 12 to 16 at the NSIC Grounds, Okhla.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
FDCI president Sunil Sethi said: “Ashish N Soni and Rajesh Pratap Singh, two names that have defined drifts in fashion will be showcasing a power packed collection inspired from the NEXA’s colour palette which is uniquely minimalistic with defining hues of black, white and chrome.”
FDCI will be celebrating the charm of the chanderi fabric at the opening show. For the opening show, 16 designers will come together to create four ensembles each, to encourage designers to incorporate chanderi into their lexicon and boost the languishing crafts sector.
The grand finale will have a first ever guru-shishya (Master and Disciple) presentation by designers JJ Valaya and Alpana-Neeraj, while the theme of the entire gala is ‘India Modern Festive’.
There will be one more menswear show at the fashion gala, but other details have not been announced yet.