Going by a research, counterfeit designer goods may be flooding internet and our wardrobes too!
Vestiairecollective.com, Europe’s social site for the resale of designer and premium fashion, has released a study that shows that 61 per cent of women online marketplace shoppers have been misled into purchasing counterfeit designer goods, or knew at least one person who had accidentally bought a fake designer item through internet, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
Besides, 66 percent of women admitted they don’t feel they possess the knowledge to accurately identify a counterfeit product from a genuine item.
Fanny Moizant, co-founder of vestiairecollective.com, advises on how to spot a counterfeit.
“The material can tell you a lot about the quality of an item, if it’s leather it should feel and smell like leather. If the item you’re inspecting is a bag, make sure you take a good look at the stitching, uneven or slanted stitching is a sign of a poorly made item and, therefore, a counterfeit,” she said.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
“Check the logo, which is often a slip-up area for many copies, every brand includes unique details to ensure they can identify a genuine piece. Finally, look for a serial number and colour variations in the material,” added Moizant.