Italian apparels, bags, umbrellas and shoes made a cut above statement here at the Amazon India Fashion Week (AIFW) Spring- Summer 2017. While the apparels ranged from red, blue tunics to yellow skirts to crop tops and dresses, the collections showcased here on Wednesday also had dapper menswear and accessories like shoes, umbrellas and bags.
Watch What Else is Making News
FDCI (Fashion Design Council Of India) collaborated with the Italian Trade Commission to have Italy as partner country for the 28th edition of the gala.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The umbrellas had inverted designs, unlike what we find here in India. Rather than designing the tops, the insides had different designs like flowers and peacock feathers, adding drama to the attire of the models.
Assocalzaturifici (Italian Footwear Manufacturers’ Association) and Aimpes (Italian Leather goods Manufacturers’ Association) showcased collection of leather goods from 41 leading Italian brands.
Francesco Pensabene, Trade Commissioner to India, Embassy of Italy, New Delhi and Sunil Sethi, President of FDCI also inaugurated the Italian Pavillion and Aperitivo.
Designers like Alberto Zambelli, Bav Tailor, Davide Grillo and Leitmotiv, selected by Camera Nazionale della Moda Italiana (National Chamber of Italian Fashion) also had their creations showcased here.
Other designers, who are yet to show their collection include creations by designers like Anavila, Gaurav Jai Gupta, Rajesh Pratap Singh, Ashima Leena, Malini Ramani, Pallavi Mohan, Felix Bandish and J.J. Valaya.
AIFW is being held at the NSIC Grounds, Okhla here, and will conclude on Sunday.