While winning the coveted International Woolmark Prize 2016 has catapulted Delhi-based designer Suket Dhir to global stardom, not many know that the National Institute of Fashion Technology graduate debuted his eponymous label with lifestyle store Good Earth nearly six years ago. So, it seemed like a natural move for Dhir to collaborate with Nicobar, a contemporary design label launched earlier this year by Good Earth, on a capsule menswear line for the festive season. “It was an almost inevitable progression of our relationship and turned out to be a natural match. Our ethos and philosophies are very compatible and we knew, almost instinctively, what we wanted,” says Dhir of the alliance.
Having already developed a reputation for textile innovation and using natural fabrics, Dhir gravitated towards lightweight cotton voile, washed denim and breathable linen for the “bright and effortless” line. Replete with nifty separates in classic silhouettes with playful prints and earthy colours, the capsule collection maintains Dhir’s tailoring finesse and trademark touches. “There is always some quirk in my clothes. You’ll see things like one button stitched in a different colour, beautiful facing fabrics inside shirts, prints peeping through and other unexpected touches in detailing,” he says.
Priced between Rs 4,400 and Rs 6,800, the collection isn’t going to be a one-off, according to Dhir. “I’ve always wanted to start a pret line to add to the Suket Dhir mainline. With this, Nicobar will give me the reach and accessibility that I can’t muster on my own,” says the pragmatic designer.
Dhir is confident the partnership won’t be a short-lived one. “Relationships matter. To me, longevity is important, whether it comes to clothes, collaborations or relationships,” he says.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations