Getting that perfect smokey eye can be quite tricky if you don’t know how to go about it. Forget sexy smolder, if not done right, you can end up looking like a raccoon.
To nail that perfect smokey eye , there are two things that you need to keep in mind. First, use an eye-primer before you start with your eye-makeup so that it doesn’t smear a few hours into the night. Second, just blend well to get that shadowy effect.
To get you started, here’s a step-by-step guide.
1) Before you start with your eye make-up, make sure that your skin is moisturised well. Once you are done, use an eye-primer over your lids for a long lasting effect.
2) Now, apply kohl in an arch shape just above the crease of the lid and blend it well down to the lash line with a medium-sized brush.
3) Use a black eyeshadow and blend it halfway across your eyelid in an upward and outward motion, into the crease of your eyelid.
4) Use an eyebrow highlighter just above the crease of your eye. Go for a colour that’s closest to your skin colour.
5) Use an orange eyeshadow for the crease and then clean the corners of your eyes.
6) Trace the lower lash line with a black kohl pencil, then gently smudge it with a brush. Now, use a black eyeliner over it to get a more defined look.
7) Use a concealer under your eyes to hide dark circles/eye bags and then use a highlighter to highlight your cheekbones. Finish it off with a hydrogen spray.
8) Use foundation to conceal dark spots/blemishes on your skin and then trace your eyebrows with an eyebrow pencil to highlight it. Use an eyebrow gel to seal it in. If you don’t have one, you can totally skip it.
9) Use an eyebrow highlighter again and trace the line right below the eyebrow and blend it well. Apply mascara.
10) Use a nude lipstick to complement your eye make-up and finish it off with a hydrogen spray.
The video was shot at Sephora, DLF Promenade, Vasant Kunj.