Australia’s iconic Sydney Opera House will be lit up in striking golden – for a night – in celebration of Diwali, the traditional Indian festival of light. New South Wales Premier Mike Baird will visit the Opera House on the night of Oct 28 to witness the change of colour. Before that, Baird is expected to attend a traditional Hindu ceremony at the Museum of Contemporary Art, news.com.au reported.
This is not the first time when people will get to witness such a spectacle. The cultural hotspot will shine golden for the third time and the illumination will be visible along the harbour, from 8 pm to midnight.
Surprisingly, Sydney won’t be the only place to celebrate the festival of light. Singapore has already joined the bandwagon and in a first-of-its kind initiative, The Land Transport Authority (LTA) has launched Diwali-themed trains, complete with colourful banners reading ‘Happy Deepawali’, photos with elements such as diyas, lotus, peacock and bright colourful lights. There’s even the Little India station, brightly lit, keeping the theme of Diwali in mind. LTA has decorated the North East Line and Downtown Line platforms as well.
It’s true when they say, festivals bring people together. Diwali, which celebrates the conquest of truth over ignorance and light over darkness – celebrated by Indians, falls on October 30.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More