Delhi-based Ritu Arora won Rs 50 lakh by creating oats-based recipes in Quaker Bring Your Tastiest Bowl contest. She won the cash prize on Sunday after competing with 14 aspiring chefs from across India. Celebrity chef Vikas Khanna curated the finale and adjudged the winner of the best recipe, read a statement.
Launched in May this year, the Quaker Bring Your Tastiest Bowl contest ran through 10 weeks and received over 6000 entries.
Of the 14, Khanna selected the top three dishes that took the contestants to the final round. Putting their culinary skills through a tougher test, he then gave the contestants some complex, must-use ingredients to prepare their final dish with.
Khanna, who is also seen judging the fifth season of cooking-based reality TV show “MasterChef India”, gave the finalists a surprise bowl of ingredients and 30 minutes to prepare their tastiest bowls.
Khanna, who is also the Nutrition Brand Ambassador, was overwhelmed by the innovative recipes.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
“This has been an amazing platform to bring out all the brilliant closet chefs who are cooking at home for their family or loved ones, but love to experiment with ways to make their cooking healthier,” Khanna said.
Deepika Warrier, Vice President, Nutrition Category, PepsiCo India, believes that the contest “was a small step to encourage our consumers to create innovative and healthier ways to enjoy oats”.