The adventures of Winnie-the-Pooh have been melting our hearts close to a century now. The A.A Milne classic has a special place in the hearts of generations of dedicated readers.
The beautiful series is celebrating its 90th birthday this year as the first book was published on October 14, 1926 and ever since has been a hit world-wide. To mark the occasion, four new adventure tales have been published along with the introduction of a new character. Yes, a new friend will join Pooh for his 90th birthday – a Penguin.
To celebrate it with fanfare, an official sequel anthology named, ‘Winnie the Pooh: The Best Bear in all the World’ has also been launched. With brand-new stories from some of the most celebrated children’s authors today: Paul Bright, Brian Sibley, Kate Saunders and Jeanne Willis – each will transport you back into the ‘Hundred Acre Wood’ for more adventures with Winnie-the-Pooh, Christopher Robin, Piglet, Tigger, Eeyore and the rest of the gang.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
Pooh’s new buddy Penguin will make his grand opening in the book ‘Winter: In which Penguin arrives in the Forest’, written by Brian Sibley. According to a BBC report, the new character is based on a photograph of AA Milne and his son Christopher playing with a penguin along with a stuffed teddy (Winnie the Pooh).
The report quotes Sibley saying: “While pondering what other toys Christopher Robin might have owned, but which were never written about, I remembered seeing a photograph of father and son playing on the nursery floor with Winnie-the-Pooh and a penguin!”
As it is known that the characters of the classic was inspired by Milne’s own son Christopher and Winnie, the famous friendly black bear of London zoo. The others pals of Pooh in the story were all inspired by the soft toys in little Christopher’s collection.
According to a report by The Telegraph UK, “Within eight weeks, the first collection of verses had sold more than 50,000 copies; by the time the last book appeared, each title was selling several hundred thousand worldwide.” Such was the popularity of the books.
UK-based publishers, The Egmont Publishing, have also launched special edition of the four A A Milne Pooh books for the 90th birthday.
Pooh fans, get ready to celebrate your favourite bear’s birthday with galore.