From Yoga guru to politics, journey of Baba Ramdev has been a saddle ride. One of the leading faces to popularise Yoga both at the national and international level, the ascetic has also been a crusader of Indian indigenous products.
Now after being written about by several people, the man himself has decided to pen down his autobiographer along with Uday Mahurkar, deputy editor, India Today magazine. The book to be titled as ‘Being Baba Ramdev’ will be published next year. Publisher Penguin Books India made an announcement about the upcoming project on October 13.
The man behind the Ayurvedic brand Patanjali has had his fair shares of controversies too. Be it his dharnas during the 2011 anti-corruption movement where he was arrested while attempting to disguise himself in women’s clothing to his recent beheading remark for those who deny to chant ‘Bharat Mata ki Jai’, Ramdev has hit headlines always.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
According to the official release by the publisher, born in Haryana, the Yoga guru in his early 50s said, “A lot has been written about me by other people in the media. Now with my autobiography I will share with you the story of my life in my own words. I am delighted that Uday Mahurkar has agreed to write the book and that Penguin Random House India will be publishing it.”
His co-author in the book, Mahurkar was quoted saying, “‘I have been following Baba Ramdev’s life since 2002, and I am excited that he has chosen me to help him tell his story. Being Baba Ramdev will bring out lesser known facts about Baba Ramdev, his life and his work.”
With many books on Ayurveda and Yoga, the book about his life will throw light on “the story of this unlikely guru and the force behind Patanjali,” the release added.