When Natalie Portman and Mila Kunis danced to the tunes of Ballet in the Oscar-winning film Black Swan, the world held their breath to enjoy the mesmerising performances. But not always we get to enjoy such spectacular performances that do not require as much financial investment, or the opportunity to be present to at one such evening.
Well, then you can rejoice as not just one company now you can enjoy stunning performances by five ballet companies around the world together that too on Facebook and best part it’s LIVE.
On October 4, the World Ballet Day LIVE returned to enthral audience again for the third time. The first time the best five companies came together was in 2014. The Australian Ballet, Bolshoi Ballet, The Royal Ballet, The National Ballet of Canada, and San Francisco Ballet have partnered once again and have been streaming the first-ever Facebook Live. This will also be the longest ever Live streaming done on the social media platform spreading over 20 hours. Each dance company will perform for four-long hours before it is relayed to another company in another part of the world.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
“A celebration of dance, World Ballet Day LIVE is an opportunity for audiences to see what it takes to be one of the world’s top companies, providing viewers around the world an inside look at the athleticism and dedication required for a life in ballet. Each company will introduce viewers to a variety of experiences from technique classes and rehearsals to backstage preparations,” says their website.
According to the website the five dance companies have also invited “wide range of regional dance organizations geographically close to their location to be part of World Ballet Day LIVE.”
Watch the Live streaming here
The following companies included are Hong Kong Ballet, Queensland Ballet, West Australian Ballet, English National Ballet, Birmingham Royal Ballet, Scottish Ballet, Northern Ballet, Pacific Northwest Ballet, Houston Ballet, Boston Ballet, Miami City Ballet, Les Ballets de Monte-Carlo and Nederlands Dans Theater.
Here’s the schedule:
The Australian Ballet from 10 p.m. ET
Bolshoi Ballet from 2 a.m. ET
The Royal Ballet from 6 a.m. ET
The National Ballet of Canada 10 a.m. ET
The San Francisco Ballet at 2 p.m. EST