DANCE lovers can look forward to Mithuna, an Indo-French contemporary dance show, which promises to be a meeting between two cultures, France and India. Striving to create an original inter-cultural show with French contemporary creation and Indian traditional dance and theatre, Mithuna is a fusion performance, mixing French and Indian worlds, to create a new artistic style.
Mithuna is a Sanskrit concept that contemplates gender and sex, the sex of words, the sex of moments and the sex of beings. It is the conjunction of diversities, the jolting confrontation and contagion of differences, and their fertile and creative seeding. The choreography of Mithuna is devised to reflect upon the universal concepts of attraction and violence between genders, their metamorphoses, the joy and illusion of love, the eternal and necessary quest for understanding and harmony to bridge differences. It is performed by three artists, Hélène Courvoisier, K Unnikrishnan Nair and Sadanam Manikandan and choreographed by Annette Leday from La Compagnie Annette Leday/Keli. Leday is the director and choreographer of La Compagnie Annette Leday/Keli, who specialised in inter-cultural contemporary creation, with a focus on dance and theatre traditions of India and France. After training as an actress in France, she journeyed to India in 1978, studying Bharatanatyam and Kathakali in Chennai. She then spent several years in rural Kerala, practicing and performing Kathakali with the Sadanam and Kalamandalam institutions.
La Compagnie Annette Leday/Keli has become famous with their creation of Kathakali-King Lear. This Shakespeare’s adaptation has been played more than 70 times in Asia and Europe, while Mithuna was presented during IGNITE! Festival at Delhi and at the famous Théâtre du Soleil in April last year.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Mithuna will be presented at Alliance Française de Chandigarh in association with Delhi Public School, on October 6 from 7 pm at DPS auditorium, Chandigarh.