Every time there is a festival around the corner, the fun and joy are usually accompanied with the tension of gifts. Yes, there is a solid brain-storming session about what exactly would you give. What with Diwali and Bhai Dooj just days apart, you certainly cannot repeat the same gift and you also need to keep a watch on your wallet.
But gifting a brother or a sister is more about pulling leg of the other one than anything else. Of course, there is love and affection but isn’t the teasing all part of the unwritten doctrine of this relationship? Sure, there will be love, but pranks during the festive season are a much-appreciated-in-hindsight bonus.
With India is all set to celebrate Bhai Dooj on November 1 this year, here are some funky and unusual gifting solutions. We understand how difficult it is to look for a new gift, so even if you choose things like coffee mugs, watches or cushions, just look for a really cool one.
Here are some suggestions:
* Night lamps:
Yes, not a new idea but is it not cool if it is a tiny minion? And to top that, it has moustache! Remember Ranveer Singh’s Bajiro Mastani look? This is exactly what it would be if there was a Bajirao minion, only in blue. The lamp can be plugged in any socket and is automatic one. It lights itself as soon as room goes dark. Available on Flipkart, it will cost you just Rs 299 this festive season.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
* Jar of Nothing:
You always coax your sister to say what’s troubling her, and the only reply you get is “Nothing!” Well, this is perfect for those. Available on Amazon the glass jar, comes with a cool message tag explaining why one will gift this. With colourful bands wrapped around the jar it would cost you Rs 350. (Alternatively, you CAN just give them a jar and draw a cool tag yourself. For Rs 350, we’re sure you can treat yourself to a coffee at least.)
Well, you can always win your sister with a Pablo Coelho or Gabriel Garcia Marquez, but to give her a book from the series – Diary of a Wimpy Kid, it might really irk her! No kidding, but the book is quite enjoyable too. Alternatively, just select a book that would lead to some nice funny tales about your childhood. Available at both Amazon and Flipkart, each book may cost you around Rs 150 – Rs 350.
Pillow-fights with our sibling are some of the best childhood memories; obviously we fought less for that iPad and Xbox then. So, relive those fond memories of hurting! Available on Amazon, you can get many cool cushions like “I (heart) U Veerji” to “I love my monster sister” to even with pillow fighting images. It would cost around Rs 350 and above.
* Playing cards:
Love playing cards with your sibling, but are bored with those geometric pattern cards. There are cooler ones! Add fun and colour to your cards as well as your game. You can either gift the in trend gold-plated dollar cards or an Automatic 2 deck poker card electronic shuffler. Both products are available on Flipkart. While the e-shuffler is priced at Rs 599 (offer price), many variant of the gold-plated cards are available online, some even come in handicraft wooden boxes. Price starts from Rs 250.
* Happiness coaster:
We all have fallen in love with the “Happiness is…” Facebook Page, and often wondered if we could customise it on our own. Well, here you go, slate coasters to write your own happiness is message. For Bhai Dhooj you can always, write “Happiness is pulling your hair!” Available on Amazon the set of four coasters would cost only Rs 490.
* Bean bags:
Well, you have a sibling who is the perfect ‘couch potato’ – glued into his or her mobile, then this is for them. Only, the bean bag is not for them but their mobile! Gift this unique mobile stand to those lazy souls. Available on Happily Unmarried, it will cost Rs 300.