The last date to apply for the Engineering Service Examination (ESE) is today, October 23, 2017. Candidates who wish to appear for the examination should apply online from the official website (upsc.gov.in).
The examination is scheduled to be conducted on January 7, 2018 and candidates should note that the application portal will only remain open until 6 pm on Monday. The commission has announced in a notification that the admit cards will be available for download from December 26, 2017.
The UPSC has also stated that there will be a ceiling on the number of candidates allotted to each centre except in Delhi, Chennai, Dispur, Kolkata and Nagpur. The centres will be allotted on a “first-apply-first-allot” basis.
– Candidates are required to have a degree in engineering from recognised university.
– Candidates must be at least 21 years in age and no older than 30 as on August 1, 2018.
Those candidates who qualify the preliminary round will have to appear for the main exam, dates of which will be released later. Those who clear the main exam will then be called for the interview round.
Steps to apply for UPSC ESE 2018:
– Go to the official website as mentioned above and read the complete notification
– Then go to upsconline.nic.in and click on the link Engineering Services Examination
– There will be two parts – Part I and II
– Read the instructions carefully and click on yes towards the bottom of the page
– Fill the required details like age, qualification etc
– In part II registration, pay the exam fees, select examination centre, upload photograph and signature.
– Agree to the declaration, submit your application and save a copy for further reference.