As per a survey, telecom and allied sectors prefer to recruit from Delhi, especially those belonging to the age group of 22 to 25 years. The hiring intent of employers is expected to increase from 16 to 20 per cent in 2017.
According to PeopleStrong’s India Hiring Intent survey, telecom and allied sectors have been witnessing lot of action in the recent times, resulting in a positive hiring intent.
“It is interesting to see the interest of telecom and allied industry employers in hiring from Delhi, it could be attributed to the availability of engineering and general graduate talent pool in this area or to the fact that many telecom and allied industries are headquartered in Delhi NCR,” PeopleStrong co-founder and CEO Pankaj Bansal said.
The survey further revealed that the preferred age group for hiring in telecom and allied sectors is 22 to 25 years which shows a clear inclination towards young candidates.
The survey noted that most of these companies do not have hiring targets for women candidates as is the case with multinationals. Even for those companies who have kept these targets, the number is as low as 10-15 per cent of the total hiring done.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
India Hiring Intent survey is part of India Skills Report 2017 and is a joint initiative by PeopleStrong, Wheebox, Linked-In, CII, Association of Indian University, AICTE and UNDP.