SSC CHSL 2016: The Staff Selection Commission has released a notification clarifying the age criteria for the CHSL examination to be held next year. Due to a number of representations, the Commission has approved of the age relaxation. Therefore, the candidates meeting the age criteria on August 1, 2016 are eligible to apply. Initially the age limit was from January 1, 2017.
SSC has also extended the last date of filing which is November 25.
The recruitment examination is being held to fill vacancies for the post of Postal Assistants/Sorting Assistants, Data Entry Operators (DEO), Lower Divisional Clerks(LDC) and Court Clerk.
Minimum age as on August 1, 2016: 18 years
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Maximum age as on August 1, 2016: 27 years
The Commission will release a detailed notice on the age criteria soon.
Important dates to note:
Last date to apply: November 25, 2016 till 5 pm
Date of Computer Based Examination (Tier-I): January 7, 2017 and February 5, 2017
Date of Tier-II (Descriptive Paper): April 9, 2017
Start of application fee payment: October 8, 2016
Postal Assistant/Sorting Assistant: 3281 vacancies
LDC: 1321 vacancies
DEO: 506 vacancies
Court Clerk: 26 vacancies
How to apply:
Candidates need to apply online for the exam. No other/offline mode of exam will be accepted. Candidates can apply through ssconline.nic.in.
The fee is Rs 100. The fee can be paid through State Bank of India (SBI) challan, net banking, debit card or credit card mode.
Women, SC/ST, PWD, ex-servicemen eligible for reservation do not have to pay the application fee.
Salary/ pay scale:
Postal Assistant/Sorting Assistant Pay Band -1 (Rs. 5200-20200) + Grade Pay 2400 (pre-revised)
Data Entry Operator : Pay Band-1 (Rs. 5200-20200) + Grade Pay Rs. 2400 (pre-revised)
Data Entry Operator : Pay Band-1 (Rs. 5200-20200) + Grade Pay Rs. 1900 (pre-revised)
Lower Division Clerk: Pay Band -1 (Rs. 5200-20200) + Grade Pay Rs. 1900 (pre-revised)
Court Clerk: Pay Band -1 (Rs. 5200-20200) + Grade Pay Rs. 1900 (pre-revised)