The result of Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) NTPC exam is likely to release in November, official sources say. As many as 56 lakh candidates had appeared for the exam that was held in May and June. Therefore, keeping the number of candidates in mind, RRB is taking time to release the results.
The Indian Express has been keeping a track of this examination ever since the notification was released. Here’s a complete chronology of when was the recruitment notification was out and what is the expected date of declaration of the RRB NTPC 2016 results.
December 2015: The Railway Recruitment Board invited online applications to fill 18252 jobs for graduates.
January 2016: Over 93 lakh candidates applied for the NTPC posts in the Indian railways. Check out category-wise posts: Commercial Apprentice (CA) – 703; Traffic Apprentice (TA) – 1645; Enquiry cum Reservation Clerk (ECRC) – 127; Goods Guard – 7591; Junior Accountant cum Amanuensis (Typist) (JAA) – 1205; Senior Clerk cum typist – 869; Assistant Station Master (ASM) – 5942; Transport Assistant – 166; Senior Time Keeper – 04.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
March 2016: The admit cards were released. The dates of Common Computer Based Test (CBT) were:
March – 28, 29, 30 and 31
April – 2 to 12, 16, 18, 19, 22, 26, 27, 28, 29 and 30
April 2016: RRB rescheduled dates and test centres of the exam. The examination was initially scheduled to be held on April 28 and 30 but was postponed to May due to some irregularities.
There were also rumours of paper leak which the Board denied. “These are online exams and therefore there are no chances of such malpractices. The RRB examination is conducted in 400 centres across India,” said the officer.
August 2016: The Board released the answer keys and objection tracker.
December 7, 2016: The Board has declared the results. The stage II exam is likely to be held in January or February.