The Odisha government has created 55,567 jobs through new Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) by September this year, said an official on Sunday.
The state government has set a target to generate 3.30 lakh jobs by setting up 66,000 new MSME units during 2016-17, and the MSME department has facilitated setting up 17,741 units to create 55,567 jobs by the end of September. said the official.
The state government has drawn a district industries centre-wise plan to achieve the objectives, but the department has failed to achieve the set target in 2015-16. While it had set a target to generate three lakh employment through 60,000 new MSMEs, it could only set up 53,895 units that created 1.75 lakh jobs in 2015-16, said the official.
Meanwhile, the state government has decided to engage a project management agency for development MSME clusters in the state. There are about 1.5 million MSME units in the state providing jobs to 3.3 million people, said sources.
Sources also added that entrepreneurs are facing problem to set up their MSME units as the national banks are not extending loans to them. The state government has several times raised the issues at the meetings of State Level Bankers’ Committee.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016