Maharashtra has emerged as the preferred state for talent acquisition by firms in automobile, banking, financial services, pharma, oil and gas, power and FMCG sector with employers showing a 5-10 per cent increase in hiring intent from a year ago, according to India Hiring Intent Survey Report 2017. The report is based on the hiring intent of over 125 employers and over 5 lakh candidates from all 29 states on various parameters such as — skills in English language, domain knowledge, numerical and logical ability and various soft skills like critical thinking, conflict resolution.
Watch What Else Is Making News
The survey is a part of India Skills Report, a joint initiative by human resource firm PeopleStrong, Wheebox, a talent assessment company and the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII).
Maharashtra ranks among the top three states in skills related to numerical and logical ability, computer literacy, and English language along with domain expertise.
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
Apart from Maharashtra, Delhi, West Bengal and Andhra Pradesh feature among the states with most employable population.
“In terms of hiring, Maharashtra is only one of the ten states that have maximum percentage of employable candidates and also features as the most preferred hiring destination by employers across sectors,” said Pankaj Bansal, Co-founder and chief executive of PeopleStrong.
According to the report, women prefer to work in states like Tamil Nadu, Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh and Rajasthan while men prefer Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu, Uttar Pradesh and Andhra Pradesh.