Karnataka will see an increase of five to 10 per cent in hiring from BPO/ KPO, ITES, Software and IT sectors, for the coming year, according to India Hiring Intent Survey 2017.
As per the report, Maharashtra has emerged as the preferred state for talent acquisition by firms in automobile, banking, financial services, pharma, oil and gas, power and FMCG sector with employers showing a 5-10 per cent increase in hiring intent from a year ago.
The survey was part of India Skills Report 2017, a joint initiative by PeopleStrong, a leading HR solutions and HR technology company from India, Wheebox, a global talent assessment company, Linkedin, the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII), the Association of Indian University (AIU), the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP).
Pankaj Bansal, Co-Founder and CEO, PeopleStrong, said Bengaluru is a conglomeration of many IT companies, be it largest IT firms of India, the fastest growing ones or numerous technology startups.
As per the survey, though the large IT, BPO/KPO/ITES firms might experience this increase in hiring, there are lot of firms – startups, small and medium size who are expecting to grow at a much faster pace resulting in an overall positive outlook, PeopleStrong said in a release.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
The preferred age group for hiring in BPO/KPO and ITES sector is 22 to 25 years and 26 to 29 years in Software and IT sector which shows a clear inclination towards young candidates, the survey said.
However, gender-wise percentage for males and females in all above sectors is just around the magic number of 33 per cent, that is, 62.63 per cent and 37.37 per cent in BPO/KPO and ITES and 70.71 per cent and 29.29 per cent in the Software and IT sectors, it said.
— with inputs from PTI