The Congress is gearing up to bombard the Vasundhara Raje government with charges of crime and corruption during the monsoon session of the Assembly, which begins on September 16. The Lalit Modi issue is also expected to come up during the week-long session.
The BJP government is set to face flak for the escape of alleged gangster Anandpal Singh from police custody.
Last year, before Anandpal’s escape, he allegedly met a state minister, after which there was a gang war in the Bikaner prison where the ‘gangster’ was lodged. This led to speculation that these events were connected, and questions were raised on the competence of the police.
Opposition leader Rameshwar Dudi said the escape had exposed the weaknesses of the police system. Also, bank robberies were on the rise in Alwar district, Dudi pointed out.
- Crime against women: Rajasthan govt to amend IPC for stricter punishment, says CM Raje
- Rajasthan budget 2018-19: Vasundhara Raje govt offers farm loan waiver of up to Rs 50,000
- BJP’s OBC wing chief in Kota writes to Shah: Replace Raje
- Why Rajasthan bye-election results could mean trouble for BJP in election year
- Besides Padmaavat, Rajasthan bypolls test BJP-Rajput ties
- Vasundhara Raje govt gears up for stormy monsoon session
Dudi also said that Raje would have to answer questions on alleged corruption, her dealings with former IPL chief Lalit Modi, and the ‘profits’ of this business relationship reaped by the CM’s MP son Dushyant Singh’s company.
Other issues the Congress plans to raise are the state of education and medical services, shortage of water and electricity, and ‘flawed’ policies of the state.
The BJP government’s chief whip in the Assembly Kalulal Gujar said all the allegations against the government were baseless. “The Congress has no issue to raise in the Assembly. The accusations will be properly answered by the government in the House,” he said.