Over 1,300 people have died of AIDS in Mizoram out of the 13,040 HIV positive cases identified since October 1990, Mizoram State AIDS Control Society (MSACS)officials said on World Aids Day today.
They said the situation in the state was alarming as over60 per cent of those living with HIV were infected through sexual contact, with many of them not belonging to risk groups.
Unless the NGOs and churches do not make concerted efforts in combating it, the future of the state would be extremely bleak, they added.
The number of HIV positive people was 1.19 per cent of the state’s population according to the 2011 census, the officials said, adding that the percentage against the number of blood samples tested was 2.35.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest