It was a rare sight no photographer wanted to miss! Tata Group Chairman Cyrus Mistry paying a visit to competitor Ashok Leyland’s stall at the 12th Auto Expo here.
Dheeraj Hinduja, Chairman of Ashok Leyland, the flagship company of Hinduja Group, was seen explaining each and every detail of commercial vehicles on display at his stall to Mistry, who is Tata Motors Chairman as well.
Tata Motors is a competitor to Ashok Leyland in the commercial vehicle space.
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
- 24 Maoists Killed In Encounter In Odisha
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
Scores of photographers were jostling with each other to click Mistry at Ashok Leyland stall.
The Tata Group Chairman patiently surveyed all products on display and also took interest in understanding the specifications of individual models from Hinduja.
When asked about his visit to the competitor’s stall, Tata Group Chairman Cyrus Mistry evasively said: “Dheeraj has brought me here.”
Tata Motors sales in commercial vehicle segment declined by about 40 per cent to 25,683 units in January this year from 42,571 units in the same month last year.
Ashok Leyland performed somewhat better by posting only 26 per cent decline in numbers. Sales declined to 7,847 units in January, 2014 as compared to 10,561 units in the same month of the previous year.
Hinduja did not offer any comment Mistry’s visit to his stall.
Ashok Leyland Managing Director Vinod K Dasari said: He (Mistry) is a great, humble man. It’s great that he took time to come and see us. Competition comes here… We are happy to show him what we have.”
Later in the day, Tata Group Tata Group Chairman Emeritus Ratan Tata met Anand Mahindra, Chairman of Mahindra Group. The groups are rivals in both the utility and the commercial vehicle segments.