It was a rare sight no photographer wanted to miss! Tata Group Chairman Cyrus Mistry paying a visit to competitor Ashok Leyland’s stall at the 12th Auto Expo here.
Dheeraj Hinduja, Chairman of Ashok Leyland, the flagship company of Hinduja Group, was seen explaining each and every detail of commercial vehicles on display at his stall to Mistry, who is Tata Motors Chairman as well.
Tata Motors is a competitor to Ashok Leyland in the commercial vehicle space.
Scores of photographers were jostling with each other to click Mistry at Ashok Leyland stall.
The Tata Group Chairman patiently surveyed all products on display and also took interest in understanding the specifications of individual models from Hinduja.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
When asked about his visit to the competitor’s stall, Tata Group Chairman Cyrus Mistry evasively said: “Dheeraj has brought me here.”
Tata Motors sales in commercial vehicle segment declined by about 40 per cent to 25,683 units in January this year from 42,571 units in the same month last year.
Ashok Leyland performed somewhat better by posting only 26 per cent decline in numbers. Sales declined to 7,847 units in January, 2014 as compared to 10,561 units in the same month of the previous year.
Hinduja did not offer any comment Mistry’s visit to his stall.
Ashok Leyland Managing Director Vinod K Dasari said: He (Mistry) is a great, humble man. It’s great that he took time to come and see us. Competition comes here… We are happy to show him what we have.”
Later in the day, Tata Group Tata Group Chairman Emeritus Ratan Tata met Anand Mahindra, Chairman of Mahindra Group. The groups are rivals in both the utility and the commercial vehicle segments.