On the occasion of the third International Yoga Day, Prime Minister Narendra Modi along with Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath took part in the festivities at Ramabai rally ground in Lucknow. After addressing the gathering, the Prime Minister was seen performing asanas along with hundreds of yoga enthusiasts even as there was a light drizzle at the event.
Top quotes from PM Modi’s speech on International Yoga Day 2017
* Many countries which do not know our language, tradition, or culture, are now connecting to India through Yoga. The practice, which connects body, mind and soul, has played a big role in binding the world too.
* Earlier, Yoga was only restricted to saints and seers in the Himalayan mountains. Now, it has become part of every person’s life
* It is not important to perform yoga for 24 hours. 50 or 60 minutes (is fine) because it lends harmony to the body, mind and intellect. If 1.25 billion Indians and people around the world can attain this state of well-being, then humankind can also tide over problems born out of human thoughts
* Just as the importance of salt is not only to lend taste to food, but also ensure well-being of the body, similarly Yoga can have the same importance as salt has in life.
* Yoga, which connects body, mind and soul has played a big role in connecting the world too.
* Young people have accepted Yoga as a profession. In countries across the world, there is a new market being created around Yoga.