At 11.30 am Kolkata felt earthquake tremors that lasted for two minutes and was recorded 7.4 on Richter scale.
- 6.1 magnitude earthquake rocks Afghanistan, tremors felt in India, Pakistan; one feared dead
- Powerful 6.8 magnitude earthquake hits Myanmar; tremors in Bengal, Assam
- Tremors felt across Indian subcontinent
- Nepal Earthquake: Aftershocks rock West Bengal
- Two earthquakes rock Assam in a span of 2 hours
- Pak quake rattles Delhi,NCR at night
The epicenter of this earthquake was at Pokhara in Nepal. Other than Kolkata, Delhi and Bihar felt the tremors too.
Residents and office goers across Kolkata rushed out of their houses, some schools in south Kolkata were also evacuated.
Metro Rail services were disrupted for sometime as result of the earthquake. No loss of life or major loss of property in Kolkata has been reported.