Dissident CPM leaders Abdur Rezzak Mollah and former MP Laxman Seth Sunday claimed the party has turned “incompetent and autocratic” and said the prevalent sycophancy culture will bring about its downfall.
“When democracy eludes a party things like red-tapism, one-upmanship and dictatorship takes over. It is at that times that some buffoons call the shots in the party. But this system within the party can’t go on for an indefinite period. Just like the Communist Party in the former USSR, it will crumble down,” former Tamluk MP and Haldia strongman Laxman Seth said. He was speaking at a convention of Samajik Nyay Bichar Mancha, a forum set up by dissident CPM leader Abdur Rezzak Mollah.
Seth compared former CM Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee, without taking his name, to King Lear and said he is surrounded by sycophants. He claimed the “present (state) leadership is authoritarian” and did not give him a chance to defend himself.
Meanwhile, dissident MP Abdur Rezzak Mollah accused the party of doing little for the minorities. PTI reported him announcing that Samajik Nyay Bichar Mancha would fight the 2016 Assembly polls in Bengal. He vowed to give the state its first Dalit CM and Muslim deputy chief minister.The CPM, however, refused to comment on the development.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More