After paintings, designing sarees and visualising logos for her pet projects, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee is now trying her hands at Urdu shayari and is planning to get a book published soon.
She revealed this to a close circle of Muslim clerics and party leaders after attending the traditional Red Road namaaz on the occasion of Eid in Kolkata on Tuesday.
Head covered with a white chhadar, Mamata wished the massive gathering after the prayers.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
She later met some Muslim clerics and party leaders at the Mohammedan Sporting Ground tent where she told them about the shayaris she has been writing.
A compilation of about 100 shayaris written by her is likely to be published soon.
Ahmad Hasan, a Trinamool Congress Rajya Sabha MP who was at the congregation, said: “Yes, Didi talked about writing shayaris and bringing out a book of couplets. She only mentioned Urdu shayaris. But one is not sure about what script or form she would use.”
Mamata’s publisher Sudhangshu Dey of Dey’s Publishing, when contacted, said: “Last week, Didi had called to inform that she has been working on two books and would like to bring those out before the Pujas. Many people buy books during the Pujas. I am not sure if one of these would be the shayari compilation.”
Till now, the publishing house has brought out 45 books written by Mamata, about half-a-dozen of them in English. The books, many of which are memoirs of her days of political struggle, picked up sale after she became the chief minister.