West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Monday dared Kamtapuri Liberation Organisation to “kill her” and warned the separatist group to stop violence against innocent people in the state.
Condemning the death of six persons in a bomb blast in Jalpaiguri district in December last year, Banerjee said “I don’t know what do they get by killing innocent people. If they want to kill me, they can do it hundred times. “If you feel afraid then fear psychosis will engulf you. I know who do such things,” she said.
“I would like to tell them that they can’t usher in violent activities on the basis of language and some demands. You won’t achieve anything by violent means. This path had been taken to extort money,” the Chief Minister said. Six people were killed in Jalpaiguri in a blast, which was allegedly the handiwork of the KLO.
“There are some people who don’t follow rules and regulations and the Constitution. They think everything can be achieved through violence. It is a wrong path. Our state government has taken various measures for the development of the state, specially North Bengal,” Banerjee said while addressing the inauguration of a mini-secretariat ‘Uttar Kanya’ in North Bengal.
The Chief Minister while highlighting the achievements of the state government in ensuring peace in Darjeeling and Junglemahal areas, today also distributed cheques and job letters to the family members of the victims of the blast.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Banerjee said an additional chief secretary post would be created who would be stationed in North Bengal to look after the development of the state.
She also lashed out at the previous Left front regime in the state for overlooking development of the state and putting a burden of Rs 2 lakh crore debt on the state’s coffers.