West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Monday dared Kamtapuri Liberation Organisation to “kill her” and warned the separatist group to stop violence against innocent people in the state.
Condemning the death of six persons in a bomb blast in Jalpaiguri district in December last year, Banerjee said “I don’t know what do they get by killing innocent people. If they want to kill me, they can do it hundred times. “If you feel afraid then fear psychosis will engulf you. I know who do such things,” she said.
“I would like to tell them that they can’t usher in violent activities on the basis of language and some demands. You won’t achieve anything by violent means. This path had been taken to extort money,” the Chief Minister said. Six people were killed in Jalpaiguri in a blast, which was allegedly the handiwork of the KLO.
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai
“There are some people who don’t follow rules and regulations and the Constitution. They think everything can be achieved through violence. It is a wrong path. Our state government has taken various measures for the development of the state, specially North Bengal,” Banerjee said while addressing the inauguration of a mini-secretariat ‘Uttar Kanya’ in North Bengal.
The Chief Minister while highlighting the achievements of the state government in ensuring peace in Darjeeling and Junglemahal areas, today also distributed cheques and job letters to the family members of the victims of the blast.
Banerjee said an additional chief secretary post would be created who would be stationed in North Bengal to look after the development of the state.
She also lashed out at the previous Left front regime in the state for overlooking development of the state and putting a burden of Rs 2 lakh crore debt on the state’s coffers.