Several Trinamool leaders have in the past been in the eye of the storm for their hate speeches.
1. Tapas Paul: Addressing a workers’ meeting at Chowmatha village in Tehatta in Nadia district on June 14, Tapas Paul said, “If any opponent (of the Trinamool) touches any Trinamool girl, any father, any child, I will destroy his entire family. Aamar chheleder dhukiye debo, rape kore chole jaabe, rape kore chole jaabe (I will unleash my boys, they will rape them, rape them).” This is not the first time Paul has made a hate speech. Addressing an election rally in Nadia district earlier, he asked party workers to “beat up” CPI-M workers and drive them out of the villages.
2. Arup Chakraborty: Trinamool’s Bankura district head Arup Chakraborty has been caught in a video clip asking his partymen to “sacrifice whoever intrudes your homes”. “If any outsider enters your house, cut him down, sacrifice him, I will take care of that, you don’t have to worry,” Chakraborty is seen in the video telling his party activists in Bankura.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
3. Anubrata Mandal: Trinamool’s Birbhum district chief Anubrata Mandal has been accused in a murder case when a panchayat member was killed allegedly days after he asked his party workers to “attack the houses of rivals and bomb the police if they prevent you”.
Infamous for his hate speeches, Mandal earlier likened CPI-M activists to “rats hiding in burrows”.
“The rats are now hiding in their burrows, you should pit the burrows with mud and also use cyanide so they don’t come out,” Mandal told a party rally.
4. Manirul Islam: Party legislator from Labhpur in Birbhum district, Manirul Islam was in the news for publicly claiming he crushed to death three people under his feet and for threatening to behead a Congress leader from the district.
“…it would not take me even a minute to behead you,” Islam said at a rally last year and went on to claim how he had “squashed” three people under his feet for committing atrocities against women.