Several Trinamool leaders have in the past been in the eye of the storm for their hate speeches.
1. Tapas Paul: Addressing a workers’ meeting at Chowmatha village in Tehatta in Nadia district on June 14, Tapas Paul said, “If any opponent (of the Trinamool) touches any Trinamool girl, any father, any child, I will destroy his entire family. Aamar chheleder dhukiye debo, rape kore chole jaabe, rape kore chole jaabe (I will unleash my boys, they will rape them, rape them).” This is not the first time Paul has made a hate speech. Addressing an election rally in Nadia district earlier, he asked party workers to “beat up” CPI-M workers and drive them out of the villages.
2. Arup Chakraborty: Trinamool’s Bankura district head Arup Chakraborty has been caught in a video clip asking his partymen to “sacrifice whoever intrudes your homes”. “If any outsider enters your house, cut him down, sacrifice him, I will take care of that, you don’t have to worry,” Chakraborty is seen in the video telling his party activists in Bankura.
3. Anubrata Mandal: Trinamool’s Birbhum district chief Anubrata Mandal has been accused in a murder case when a panchayat member was killed allegedly days after he asked his party workers to “attack the houses of rivals and bomb the police if they prevent you”.
Infamous for his hate speeches, Mandal earlier likened CPI-M activists to “rats hiding in burrows”.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
“The rats are now hiding in their burrows, you should pit the burrows with mud and also use cyanide so they don’t come out,” Mandal told a party rally.
4. Manirul Islam: Party legislator from Labhpur in Birbhum district, Manirul Islam was in the news for publicly claiming he crushed to death three people under his feet and for threatening to behead a Congress leader from the district.
“…it would not take me even a minute to behead you,” Islam said at a rally last year and went on to claim how he had “squashed” three people under his feet for committing atrocities against women.