A Trinamool Congress booth committee leader was injured and his wife was killed in a bomb explosion at their house in West Bengal’s Birbhum district in the wee hours today.
Birbhum Superintendent of Police Mukhesh Kumar said the incident occurred at Buro Hansda’s (45) house at Bilati village around 3 am.
- ‘Internal Trinamool feud’ kills one in Kaliachak
- Bengal panchayat polls: TMC using violence to stop our candidates, says BJP
- Ram Navami clashes in Bengal: One killed in fresh violence, says TMC
- In Odisha, newly-married man, grandmother killed as gift-pack explodes
- TMC leader shot dead
- CPM man dies in Nanoor clash
Hansda’s wife, Churki Hansda (37) died on the spot in the explosion while the Trinamool leader who sustained injuries, was rushed to Bolpur sub-divisional hospital.
The SP said Hansda had complained to the police that some one had hurled a bomb at his residence in the early hours.