Virbhadra Singh gets bail, says disproportionate assets case against him is ‘political vendetta’

The CBI had earlier opposed the Himachal Pradesh chief minister bail plea.

By: Express Web Desk | New Delhi | Updated: May 29, 2017 6:50 pm
orruption, money laundering case, chidamabaram, karti chidambaram, robert vadra, land scam, Virbhadra singh, ED, disproportionate assets, income-tax department, Ashok Chavan, Bhupinder Singh Hooda, Digambar Kamat, Harish Rawat, Ashok Gehlot, rose valley scam. narada scam, adarsh cooperative society scam, adarsh scam, indian express news, india news Virbhadra Singh in Shimla in October 2015, shortly after a high court ruling had stayed his arrest until that November

In a huge relief to Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh and his wife Pratibha, the CBI court granted them bail in the nearly Rs 10 crore disproportionate assets case. The CBI had earlier on Monday opposed the Himachal Pradesh chief minister plea seeking bail.

Singh was directed to furnish Rs one lakh personal bond and surety of the same amount, apart from submitting his passport to the court to ensure he does not leave the country without its permission. The next hearing is scheduled on July 27.

Moments after the 82-year-old politician was granted bail by a special court, Singh told mediapersons that it was going to be a long battle. “It’s a political vendetta. It’s a long battle and I will fight and win the case,” the Chief Minister said.

The Congress leader and others had moved the court seeking bail last week. The CBI, in response, had told the court, “Virbhadra is king of the state and is involved in corrupt practices. His medical issues are common, so medical ground shouldn’t considered”. Chunni Lal Chauhan, Joginder Singh Ghalta, Prem Raj, Vakamulla Chandrasekhar, Lawan Kumar Roach and Ram Prakash Bhatia are among others who have been chargesheeted in the case.

The chargesheet, which is over 500 pages and includes the statements of 225 witnesses and 442 documents, accuses Singh of allegedly amassing assets worth nearly Rs 10 crore during his tenure as a Union minister, between 2009 and 2011, which were disproportionate to his total income. The CBI had also charged Virbhadra with forgery and corruption.

(With inputs from PTI)

1. stacey Gates
    Jan 18, 2018 at 8:18 am
    Finally i got in contact with cyberhackpros they helped me hack into my spouse facebook smoothly, hacked into her emails and cell phone.the sweetest of all is that they are fast and quick which helped during my Divorce. mentioning my name would make him respond and treat you better as we are now close. Just tell him you are from me,stacey . He also does so many other hacks like facebook, whatsapp, bank, credit card,paypal,skype,Snapchat,Calls… just name it or call/text 1 512 605 1256
    (0)(0)
    1. J
      Jim Phillips
      Jun 26, 2017 at 1:25 am
      My husband use to be a big time cheat,and i was curious of getting proof about it for real then i saw recommendations about this professional online hacker and i never hesitated to contact him, He asked me for few information about my husband mobile device, no personal info was asked for also, i provided it all to him and in less than 24 hours i was getting too see my husband text messages, Call logs, Emails, Facebook messenger and as well as Whatsapp messages as they come into his phone, i was able to get good and concrete proof for my Alex to file a divorce, if you are having similar issues i would advice you contact globalworld.hacker AT DOT COM tell him Sandra referred you. You can thank me later.
      (0)(0)
      1. B
        Brian
        Jun 3, 2017 at 6:55 am
        hi,i'm Brian, i had my friend help me hack my ex's email, facebook, whatsapp,and his phone cause i suspected he was cheating. all he asked for was her phone number.He's email is (hotcyberlord425@gmail )..IF u need help tell him Brian referred you to him and he'll help. Am sure his going to help you do it, good luck
        (0)(0)
        1. V
          vish
          May 29, 2017 at 11:01 pm
          What a common man should say when he gets the Income Tax Notice .
          (0)(0)
            ashwani
            May 29, 2017 at 9:27 pm
            Who says he is corrupt...it is clear political vendetta.. ask himachalis who elected him 6 times chief minister...
            (0)(0)