Two persons were killed in separate incidents of uprooting of trees in Barabanki district as severe dust storm hit parts of Uttar Pradesh.
Sumitara (55) was sleeping inside her hut when a tree fell upon it, crushing her to death. Surendra (10) had gone to pluck mangoes from an orchard when a branch of a tree snapped and fell on him due the dust storm which struck Barabanki last evening, police said.
Light to moderate rains and thundershowers occurred at isolated places in the state in the last 24 hours.
Nazibabad, Pharenda recorded 1 centimeter of rainfall, MeT department said.
Day temperature was markedly above normal in Allahabad, Kanpur, Bareilly, Moradabad divisions, appreciably above normal in Varanasi, Faizabad, Jhansi, Agra, Meerut divisions, above normal in Lucknow division and was normal in Gorakhpur division.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
Banda recorded the Highest maximum temperature at 43 degree Celsius.
Meanwhile, District Magistrate of Lucknow, Rajeshwar, has ordered closure of all schools till July 5 in the view ofsevere heat wave conditions.
MeT department said that rain or thundershowers would occur at isolated places in the state.