Prime Minister-designate Narendra Modi on Monday offered condolences to families of those killed in Gorakhdham Express tragedy and prayed for the well-being of those injured.
Modi spoke to Cabinet Secretary Ajit Seth and asked him to take an overview of the situation to ensure timely assistance to the injured.
“My condolences to families of those who lost their lives in the Gorakhdham Express tragedy. Prayers with the injured,” Modi tweeted.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
At least 20 passengers were feared killed as the Gorakhdham Express rammed into a stationary freight train in Sant Kabir Nagar district in Uttar Pradesh.
The mishap occurred this morning when the express train came on the same track as the freight train near Chureb Railway Station, District Magistrate Bharat Lal said. However, NE Railway CPRO Alok Singh said the accident was caused due to derailment.