• Associate Sponsor

Teased by bodyguard, woman smashes local Samajwadi Party leader’s Mercedes

Teased by a gunner of a local Samajwadi Party leader at a traffic signal, a woman decided not to lay low and smashed his car.

By: Press Trust of India | Agra | Updated: May 19, 2015 1:09 pm
SP, SP leader car crashed, woman SP car, Agra Sp. Agra SP leader, Agra Sp leader car, SP leader Agra, Agra news, SP news, UP news, India News Teased by a gunner of a local Samajwadi Party leader at a traffic signal, a woman decided not to lay low, got on his car and smashed his car. (Screengrab)

Allegedly teased by a gunner of a local Samajwadi Party leader at a traffic signal, a gutsy woman here decided not to take it lying down and jumped atop the leader’s Mercedes and smashed the windshield after tearing off the party flag on the bonnet.

The two-minute video of the woman’s act took social media by storm, with most people sharing the links online.

The incident took place on Sunday evening when the woman identified as 23-year-old Sadhvi Pandey along with her sister was going to see a doctor on a scooty.

Related Article

When they were waiting at a crossing, the cavalcade of Abhinav Sharma stopped alongside and the gunner allegedly winked at her from inside the car.

Not to take it lying down, Pandey stopped the car and broke off the chain of Sharma who came out. As she was taking a photo of the gunner with her mobile, some of the guards in the cavalcade came running and allegedly broke her mobile phone.

This infuriated the woman further and she climbed on the bonnet of Sharma’s Mercedes car and tore off the party flag fixed on the bonnet and used it to break the windshield.

Reacting to the incident, SP’s Naresh Aggarwal said, “Abhinav Sharma is not leader of SP. This is a fashion in Uttar Pradesh, people generally carry the flag of the ruling party”.

Sharma, whose car was damaged in the incident, said he has fired the gunman.

Watch video of woman breaking windshield of SP leader’s car:

“If she would have at least once told me that my gunner had made a lewd gesture, I would have beaten up the gunner at the same time. But as soon as I tried to talk to her, she broke my chain, she started damaging my car. What could I have done at that time. Should I have fought with Sadhvi. She just damaged my car,” he said.

Sharma said, “Sadhvi damaged his car without any reason. For no reason, she ruined my spotless reputation. I have fired my gunman although he was saying while crying that ‘sir I had just asked for a side and nothing'”.

The woman, who is being lauded on social media for taking on the gunner, said, “There was no bravery in my act. You could have also reacted in the same manner if anything you had purchased with your hard earned money had broken. Had they not broken my mobile and had taken action against the guard, we would not have gone so extreme”.

1. B
    bonku
    May 19, 2015 at 11:39 pm
    Nice development where criminals and corrupt almost always prosper. If India's socio-political "elites" (sic) do not change themselves, it'll be a total anarchy in not so distant future or, worse, low intensity civil war- as predicted by many sociologists. In fact, a CNN-IBN poll in 2012 showed that support for bandh, hartal, gharao and tendency to take laws into own hands has increased many fold in 2012, as compared to 1970.
    (0)(0)
    1. N Col
      May 19, 2015 at 9:09 pm
      Samajwadi Party said Abhinav Sharma is not a leader from the Party and still he go around with a convoy of cars. Samajwadi Party is disowning him. How does he have security guards. Anyone across India who watched the Timesnow interview earlier this evening will be disgusted at the arrogance on display. Samajwadi Party is party of goondas you go anywhere see their arrogance.Illegal occupation.
      (0)(0)
        Amrita
        May 19, 2015 at 8:46 pm
        I think you are wrong. You're sister did the damage the lady did not do. She was unbelievable. She seemed uncontrollable. The Samajwadi Party said you are not a leader from the Party and still you go around with a convoy of cars. Anyone across India who watched the Timesnow interview earlier this evening will be disgusted at the arrogance on display. I hope the Party takes action against the gunner. And to the person who think the woman did this in a bid to seek attention think again. No woman would take this extreme step unless she felt wronged. I think she hit the nail on the dot when she said if this what the administration does what can you expect from others? As to taking the law in her hands she clearly stated that the police just stood by. She definitely had to take the law in her own hands,
        (0)(0)
        1. Chanderparkash Chhabra
          May 19, 2015 at 8:42 pm
          Woman can be true.
          (0)(0)
            Kaliyug
            May 19, 2015 at 5:43 pm
            If this Sharma person is not a SP leader then how did he manage to have people guarding him with guns? The Government's statement is untrue. This lady should be given the Bharat Ratna award for standing-up against politically connected goons and their suck-up IPS officers who have no character.
            (0)(0)