In first signs of a thaw in their relations, Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav reportedly called up his friend-turned foe, former MP Amar Singh, and invited him to the opening ceremony of Janeshwar Mishra Park — a dream project of the ruling party — in Lucknow Tuesday.
An official invitation has been sent to Amar Singh who had parted ways from SP in 2010 along with former MP Jaya Prada. Amar Singh has accepted the invitation.
“I have received the invitation. It is a state government programme. Mulayam Singh personally called me,” Amar Singh told The Indian Express.
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai
He admitted his unflinching loyalty towards Mulayam but did not comment on any plans to rejoin the party. “I am not dying for a Rajya Sabha nomination. My first priority is my health and family. There are other important things to do than politics,” Amar Singh, whose tenure in Rajya Sabha is ending in November, said.
Amar Singh will for the first time share stage with Mulayam and CM Akhilesh Yadav since his resignation from the party was accepted in 2010. Amar Singh had experimented by forming his own outfit — Rahstriya Lok Manch in 2012 — and unsuccessfully contested the Lok Sabha polls as a Rashtriya Lok Dal candidate.
Recently, there were talks of Amar Singh rejoining SP after Akhilesh and he went abroad at the same time.
Mulayam’s softened stance on Amar Singh comes after SP suffered a humiliating defeat in Lok Sabha. Mulayam had often felt the need of Amar Singh and recently publicly stated: “Only one person who was in the party knew what is going on in my heart”. Amar Singh too had responded with a big ‘Thank You’ to Mulayam.