In first signs of a thaw in their relations, Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav reportedly called up his friend-turned foe, former MP Amar Singh, and invited him to the opening ceremony of Janeshwar Mishra Park — a dream project of the ruling party — in Lucknow Tuesday.
An official invitation has been sent to Amar Singh who had parted ways from SP in 2010 along with former MP Jaya Prada. Amar Singh has accepted the invitation.
“I have received the invitation. It is a state government programme. Mulayam Singh personally called me,” Amar Singh told The Indian Express.
He admitted his unflinching loyalty towards Mulayam but did not comment on any plans to rejoin the party. “I am not dying for a Rajya Sabha nomination. My first priority is my health and family. There are other important things to do than politics,” Amar Singh, whose tenure in Rajya Sabha is ending in November, said.
Amar Singh will for the first time share stage with Mulayam and CM Akhilesh Yadav since his resignation from the party was accepted in 2010. Amar Singh had experimented by forming his own outfit — Rahstriya Lok Manch in 2012 — and unsuccessfully contested the Lok Sabha polls as a Rashtriya Lok Dal candidate.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Recently, there were talks of Amar Singh rejoining SP after Akhilesh and he went abroad at the same time.
Mulayam’s softened stance on Amar Singh comes after SP suffered a humiliating defeat in Lok Sabha. Mulayam had often felt the need of Amar Singh and recently publicly stated: “Only one person who was in the party knew what is going on in my heart”. Amar Singh too had responded with a big ‘Thank You’ to Mulayam.