BJP national general secretary and state party in-charge Amit Shah Thursday justified the candidature of party president Rajnath Singh from Lucknow saying it will help win seats across UP.
Addressing a meeting of party workers at Saraswati Sishu Mandir, a school of RSS, Shah said party needs to win maximum seats in UP to get power in Delhi and that was the reason Rajnath has been fielded from Lucknow.
Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s long-time close associate Shiv Kumar, who remained silent during Rajnath’s press conference Wednesday, today said that it was former prime minister’s wish that Rajnath wins from Lucknow.
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
In his address, Rajnath said that he considers sitting Lucknow MP Lalji Tandon as his patron. He also claimed, “I have always decided that I will contest from any seat where the number of people from my caste will be minimum.” He announced to file his nomination in Lucknow on April 7.
About the reports of terror threat to Modi, Rajnath said, “Will now victory be gained by violence?” He also said that BJP and its alliance partners will win at least 15 seats in Tamil Nadu and more than 30 seats in Bihar.
Lucknow MP Lalji Tandon, who was sore after he was denied ticket from Lucknow, today said that he was happy to hand over the responsibility of Lucknow to Rajnath.