BJP national general secretary and state party in-charge Amit Shah Thursday justified the candidature of party president Rajnath Singh from Lucknow saying it will help win seats across UP.
Addressing a meeting of party workers at Saraswati Sishu Mandir, a school of RSS, Shah said party needs to win maximum seats in UP to get power in Delhi and that was the reason Rajnath has been fielded from Lucknow.
Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s long-time close associate Shiv Kumar, who remained silent during Rajnath’s press conference Wednesday, today said that it was former prime minister’s wish that Rajnath wins from Lucknow.
In his address, Rajnath said that he considers sitting Lucknow MP Lalji Tandon as his patron. He also claimed, “I have always decided that I will contest from any seat where the number of people from my caste will be minimum.” He announced to file his nomination in Lucknow on April 7.
About the reports of terror threat to Modi, Rajnath said, “Will now victory be gained by violence?” He also said that BJP and its alliance partners will win at least 15 seats in Tamil Nadu and more than 30 seats in Bihar.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Lucknow MP Lalji Tandon, who was sore after he was denied ticket from Lucknow, today said that he was happy to hand over the responsibility of Lucknow to Rajnath.