Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on saturday said although police have done a lot of good work, there are some instances in which the government was not able to justify their role.
“Department(police), which helps in improving image of the government can also damage it. One mistake overshadows all the good work,” he said.
Yadav, while addressing police officers and employees at a function organised here to lay the foundation stone of ‘police bhawan’, said police was the most important department of the state. “I do not want to go into the details… I have indicated it during the recent IPS week programme. You have carried out some very good work but some things have also taken place which we have not been able to justify,” he said.
“There is a majority government in the state and so the aspirations of people are also high… other departments are doing their work but the highest responsibility is that of the police department. If people have more confidence in you it will take the state on the path of development,” he said.
Congratulating the Director General of Police Rizwan Ahmed, Yadav said the DGP is giving the force a good building as a parting gift before his retirement slated for this month end.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016