Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on saturday said although police have done a lot of good work, there are some instances in which the government was not able to justify their role.
“Department(police), which helps in improving image of the government can also damage it. One mistake overshadows all the good work,” he said.
Yadav, while addressing police officers and employees at a function organised here to lay the foundation stone of ‘police bhawan’, said police was the most important department of the state. “I do not want to go into the details… I have indicated it during the recent IPS week programme. You have carried out some very good work but some things have also taken place which we have not been able to justify,” he said.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
“There is a majority government in the state and so the aspirations of people are also high… other departments are doing their work but the highest responsibility is that of the police department. If people have more confidence in you it will take the state on the path of development,” he said.
Congratulating the Director General of Police Rizwan Ahmed, Yadav said the DGP is giving the force a good building as a parting gift before his retirement slated for this month end.