A local court here has shifted to sessions court the Hadoli killing case of 2013 communal riots in which 25 people are facing trial.
Chief Judicial Magistrate Narender Kumar has directed the 25 accused to appear in Sessions court on June 3, the prosecution said.
- Muzaffarnagar riots victim arrested for running illegal arms unit at his home: Police
- Thirteen acquitted in 2013 triple murder case
- Balance on SIT list: Two still on run, two murder cases in 2013 Muzaffarnagar riots
- Muzaffarnagar riots: Case against three persons transferred to sessions court
- MoS Sanjeev Balyan visits Muzaffarnagar prison, meets 2013 riot accused
- Muzaffarnagar riots: Bail plea of accused rejected
One person was killed and several injured as rioters damaged property at Hadoli village under Bhorakala police station in the district on September 8, 2013.
Police had filed charge sheet against 25 people in this case.
The case is related to the communal riots that rocked Muzaffarnagar and neighbouring districts, leaving 60 people dead while thousands of others were displaced.