A four-month-old girl, whose family was displaced during the Muzaffarnagar riots, has died due to cold at Kandhla town in Shamli district, police said on Saturday.
Ahsan, the infant’s mother, had been displaced from her native Bahawdi village during Muzaffarnagar riots and was living in a relief camp till December when she along with her family vacated the relief camp, police said.
After vacating the relief camp recently, Ahsan was living with her family in a cottage in Kandhal, where her infant daughter, Surrya died of cold on Friday, said police.
An enquiry has been ordered into the death of the child, Superintendent of Government Health Centre, Kandhla, Ramesh Chandra said.
A five-month-old baby girl had on Friday succumbed to pneumonia in a relief camp at Malakpur village in Shamli district.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
So far, 34 children living in relief camps have died in riot-hit areas of Muzaffarnagar and Shamli districts between September 7 and December 20 when the winter chill increased.
While 12 children had died in the camps, the remaining 22 had died in hospitals or nursing homes where they were taken for medical care.
Over 60 persons were killed and more than 40,000 displaced in communal violence in Muzaffarnagar and adjoining areas in September last.