Apparently upset with the media coverage of the strike of junior doctors in Uttar Pradesh, Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav today snapped at journalists when questioned about deaths due to the agitation, asking them “Has someone in your family died”?
After the swearing-in function of Governor B L Joshi here, when asked by reporters about the number of deaths due to strike of junior doctors, Yadav shot back, “Kaun mara hai… apke pariwar me koi mara hai (Who has died? Has someone in your family died?)”
“Aap doctors ki hadtal ko mahatva de rahe hain, doctors ko hadtal nahi karni chahiye thi (You are giving so much importance to the strike, the doctors should not have gone on the strike),” he added. Blaming the media for the way it has covered the strike, the Samajwadi Party supremo said, “If you report properly then strikes will end. Why hype the doctors’ strike so much?”
The agitating junior doctors in Uttar Pradesh called off their strike after Uttar Pradesh government today transferred SSP Kanpur Yashaswi Yadav and constituted a one-member inquiry commission to probe incidents at the GSVM medical college Kanpur on February 28.
The seven-day strike adversely impacted medical services in several parts of the state. The strike was taken up after medicos at GSV Medical College were allegedly beaten up by Kanpur police and supporters of SP MLA Irfan Solanki following an altercation.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched