The National Investigation Agency (NIA) arrested two persons from Mirzapur in Uttar Pradesh on Monday, in connection with the blasts outside the rally of BJP’s Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi on October 27.
NIA sources said Fakruddin and Ahmed were arrested from Mirzapur in eastern Uttar Pradesh for allegedly procurring material used in the blasts during the rally.
While five blasts were triggered within the rally venue, two exploded outside in which eight people, including a militant of Indian Mujahideen, were killed and over dozens injured.
The NIA, which was handed over the case, has been carrying out investigations into the case and with the help Intelligence Bureau, it had nabbed Yasin Bhatkal who had named the main culprits behind the incident.
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
Due to lack of support either from Bihar or neighbouring Uttra Pradesh Police, the NIA has been carrying out investigations with the help of central agencies and has been able to crack the case.
The NIA arrested four people, including Mohammed Imtiyaz Ansari who was apprehended by the public when he, along with another IM accused, was assembling bombs inside a toilet at a makeshift railway station in Patna.