Four persons were killed and two seriously injured following an explosion at a fireworks factory in Amethi under Gosainganj police station area of Lucknow Saturday night.
Mohanlalganj Circle Officer (CO) Ashok Kumar said the one-room factory collapsed after the blast and six workers were trapped under the debris.
Locals and the police rushed the six to King George Medical University trauma centre, where four were declared brought dead. The deceased have been identified as Farooq, 30, son of the factory owner and three workers Ajmat Ali, 35, Ram Karan, 26, and Hansraj, 28. Police said the fire cracker manufacturing unit was owned by local trader Riyazul Hasan and had been functional since 1994.
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai
The CO added that Hasan’s licence was valid till March 31, and the unit had nearly 50 kg of explosives at the time of the blast.