Four persons were killed and two seriously injured following an explosion at a fireworks factory in Amethi under Gosainganj police station area of Lucknow Saturday night.
Mohanlalganj Circle Officer (CO) Ashok Kumar said the one-room factory collapsed after the blast and six workers were trapped under the debris.
Locals and the police rushed the six to King George Medical University trauma centre, where four were declared brought dead. The deceased have been identified as Farooq, 30, son of the factory owner and three workers Ajmat Ali, 35, Ram Karan, 26, and Hansraj, 28. Police said the fire cracker manufacturing unit was owned by local trader Riyazul Hasan and had been functional since 1994.
The CO added that Hasan’s licence was valid till March 31, and the unit had nearly 50 kg of explosives at the time of the blast.
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn